Friday, 3 October 2008

The little Drow, Dear Drow, and the male drow.

In recent Time, this Fae has had a couple of experiences, one in meeting and exploring with Dear Drow Reficul's son, Drew. The other experience in being speaking with the not so dear male drow, 'Olath' if that is indeed even his proper name.

After Reciful's departure, Drew stayed behind. He spoke of wanting to explore the surface. This Fae offered to escort him, because it would seem unlikely that his Mother would want him to explore it alone. He agreed and so, together we walked along the surface; me behind him and kept a close eye on him. Besides a little mis-footings; he was quite alright indeed, no harm came to either of us.
He did ask a lot of questions, which this Fae found refreshing. One of the questions he asked:
'Why do you say this Fae, instead of saying I?'
No one has ever asked me that before, so shock was I not, but impressed I was, very much so.

I explained to him:

'Referring to this Fae instead of using the word 'I' is formal speech. It also helps to distinguish a clearer separation from ego. The reference to 'I' is only used when the conversation or other person involved in the conversation is more intimately personal.'

He hesitated a moment and then showed a little confusion, and I further explained to which he understood.
There was something else of which the little one had said, before we took off on our explorations.

'If Mom can trust you, then I guess so can I.'
That made a smile cross my face and my response:
'Trust is something that is precious and this Fae is always careful with precious things.'

The next Sun, this Fae was familiarizing with the deeper part of the caves and came across the Dear Drow and the male drow. It would seem that he was telling her of the event with the demon. His words were of ego-boasting himself at the mere expense of this 'just a fae', of which did not surprise me. Actually, I was glad to know that one such as he, can be so utterly predictable. Something to keep to mind for future encounters, perhaps.
With the conversation leading from the talk of that demon event, there was a proposal from the male drow. This proposal was that this Fae become a 'spy' and 'report' to him anything that is worth reporting, including nothing of that which is to report. Failure would be in not reporting anything at all. Which, I.. do understand however, how can this Fae 'report' when the male drow does not make himself available? Then there would be some level of 'blame' on him, for not being in the position to receive these reports... well that is what this Fae believes anyway. Seems most logical.
In regards to this male drow, I.. I.. am not comfortable with him. He seems to have his tongue firmly placed on the arse of the Dear Drow, thinking himself so grand and yet, making himself look more the fool all the while.

2 comments:

Omulu C'Rintin said...

*smiles*

Perhaps ..
Olath wasn't worthy to be of mine.
But White is ..
And so far he hasn't proved me wrong.
For that matter.
He directly reports to me, though that might not be a secret.
You could say it is the Will of this Ilythiiri he receives information from the Doyenne, just as .. some gifts might just be .. well, not what they seem to be at first. It's the Underdark after all .. EVERYTHING is a lie to cover up another one. Your eyes can deceive you, so do not trust them.

Gi !
Did I tell you something peculiar happened today. A moondancer and her child showed up wandering alone and aimlessly amidst the darkness.
One thing lead to another ... suffice to say we'll take good care of her offspring in the way halfbloods should be taken care of.
IF you are in any way interested in following this up .. I entrusted White with her upbringing.

The Apposite Ethereal said...

To abide by the Will of The Dear Drow, is what the Will of this Fae allows. Information will continue to be given to White; however, he must know when to receive it.
Appearances can be deceiving and emotions so very unyeilding, thus it is best to listen to what the Heart says before what the mind can 'conjure' up.

Some interest there may be in this halfblooded offspring, but this Fae can assure you that the interest in White is but only 'halfed.'